01 April 2011

The Dark Forces



Starry-eyed Battles

So the gameroom with the newly rockin RFM needed another ‘new’ pin that I knew was close to clean and enjoying game. Bless my forgiving wife for having 80% of this Data East pin all over the adjoining room for 3 months! Fast approaching Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown 2011, April 29. Sure, why not .. might as well bring this 3pO and enjoy bumping some elbows with some pinheads .. show off the 150 LEDs I just put in under that mass of sparkly-repaired plastics. Mad last week of assembly and frustrations with the LEDs that were (after first power up new lights) giving me a seizure, I crossed a 12v wire and blew something. Oh well, at least someone at the show could help me; perhaps I can get it fixed there and bring it home working. My hasty last week before the expo was also given crazed to a 1937 pinball I wanted to finish and bring as well. Suffice to say that I managed to get both of the pins there - greatly admired for their cleanliness but painfully devoid of working game. Oh well, at least the Tron and the Defender videos were being loved. I am a video collector after all first. : )

I surely got to know a ton of new and good things. I learned a lot more about pinball and its minions of worshipers. I found out more of what I like about it myself. Perhaps a bit like a wookie at this point ... my acquired pins and playing passions are definitely showing (I vow to take this DE SW back 2012 working with ‘some interest owed’). I take from this show in particular the festive beginning of a new venture and chapter; new phase of this Colorado collection. All of these games and all of these hard efforts are with a refreshed promise and a shared dream. Realities are as real as a few good friends who care like you do -- as fun as a Stargate mini or a perfect Galaga game.

Rock On Targets!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home