01 June 2020

STTNG $4900 (SOLD)

Captain!

July 2012  - barcade business plans pizza place game museum investing...

Wolf Man

email (from a rare operator warehouse)
"I have Pins coming"
<Star Trek NG .. how much?>
"$$$$
Clean and working 100%.
Paid a premium on all these Pins. 
Paid more an I usually sell Pins for because of condition."
Attack From Mars.  
Dracula 
Twilight Zone.
Star Trek NG. 
World Cup. 
Big Hurt.
Getaway. 
Tales Arabian Nights.
Junk Yard 
South Park.
Starwars EP1
South Park.

This becomes a bulk purchase for me out of this warehouse haul of his. He brings all machines back and stores them, selling them out in previous deals and fast to Denver locals. He loves the road and has many many contacts around the country since 1974. A good man and friends to me through many transactions/video game hauls, he gave me the pick of the 4 Star Treks sitting there that day I paid him for our 5-machine deal, even letting me swap-in the choicest backglass from another one. 



Yeah big haul for me too: RFM just for a playfield upgrade swap for mine/resale, others were top pins for the bar to be built. You bet they were in great condition and the deal was good, but these like many his finds were off-op used stored and that was because of a problem: eg not working lol.
(just another great scrubbing and tech'ing project: eg condition, condition, condition.

May he Rest In Peace now November 2019
Gilbert Sanchez ... The Wolf Man
..free world now dancing with wolves open roads forever..


Set to easy teardowns & work in my newly build garageshop 2012-13, I started gathering parts for the TZ ETC, ripping into the Star Trek, rebuilding the pistol launcher first, with nice polished ramps, new lock bar, parts setting blanket-tabled on the Breakshot rightside --pecking at the TZ too hoping to get these 2 done first then get the other 2 in here for the same pin-doctor treatments and polishes.



Divorce. 

Everything mine out and up to my warehouse. Monumental in more words not needed.
So Star Trek The Next Generation became the last focal point finish from sometime 2013 thru May 2014 before I tore the home shop bench down entirely and my couch by July. Read this MM post and you'll get my drift about my restoration passions and what I put into each of my pinball games. I loved getting so much all back together and firing cannons with all lights flashing and all switches nominal/replaced, new 44s/rubbers and tasty LED upgrades. Yep, flippers rebuilt. The DMD is bright. Clean as a whistle and Novus just about everywhere shiny. MM got the rare-available-then color LCD upgrade so the TZ will have to wait as well, sorry. Life has shifted into the Neutral Zone.
I've been pretty good rejuvenating many pinballs now this one like a Romulan Mephisto! Ramps, plastics, ramps, targets, switches, toys, switches, ramps, wow, complicated games fascinate the engineer, Scotty! Assure me I will see something on the other side of this transporter room.







































 2 ∞ (and beyond)
Happy game. Power off. Open coin door, remove coin box and set aside. Unlatch new lock bar and remove, set aside. Slide off clean original tempered glass, set aside. Remove balls, place in coin box. Ensure cabinet is free from any spare parts/pieces, manual/schematics, place anything remaining in coin box. Replace glass. Latch new lock bar. Close coin door, lock. Take keys to back box and remove backglass. Lay DMD assembly forward and remove the back box bolts. Set bolts in coin box. Remove batteries. Replace DMD assembly and back glass, lock. Place keys in coin box. Unlatch and remove latch from back box/cabinet. Place latch/screws in coin box. Place 1/2 foam and/or moving blanket on topglass and lower the head unit down onto the top glass, ensuring the rails are protected when flush true with foam/blanket. Wrap blanket back over the top of the back box. Take large shrink-wrap roll and tie end to plunger, start wrapping the game, pulling tight as you go around each wrap. Pull first to the back of the head unit and wrap a few times around, ensuring coverage for the back access hole and start back around the game, lengthwise tightly sealed with several wraps around from back legs to front, just getting all corners without covering the leg bolts. Leave the bottom back casters exposed for clean floor and the coin door exposed so title/LPF can be seen from top while stored). Lift and place standard sturdy stool (prefer padded) under back of game. Remove back legs. With hip in and knee under, remove the stool and slowly lower 300 pounds down (with your legs not back, hands hugging sides so not smashed) to the ground. Tip game up with front legs. Remove front legs. Gather all 8 leg bolts in end of shrink wrap, place with game label piece of paper, and place in the crook of all 4 legs stacked. Wrap legs tight with their bolts with label visible. Shrink wrap all coin box. (option (like toppers) to nestle the coin box then on the top of the back box, shrinking that tight again top and perhaps the legs too, nestled-in tight under the back box on a side. Shrink wrap is our friend TO USE! Move game (dolly-ready), store game (keep legs and coin box right on top or near). 
Dolly where you want, install front legs and reverse all aforementioned process.
(Sorry I just had to) 

So it went to my climate good warehouse in a corner with the others, May 2014 through August 2016 (set up again and enjoyed once, fixing that *#@ last lower insert bulb too). Then the rent went way up and all games went back into $$ cold storage and free home stashes. I'm a doctor, not a mason, Jim!

Now it's 2020 and there is a plague and I'm (still) working on an AFM and a Catacomb (only room I have shop for in my humble comfy home). This game needs Trekkie affection. It needs a place that I cannot afford now nor will likely be making. It needs a home and someone to play it. So I wrote an advertisement (and just posted the pictures here because it's doppelgänger to my MM post and buyers want pictures anyway). THESE are all the pictures I have. Free here where pinball websites scrimp and inboxes clutter, why not.
Email me ...no wait! Beam me Up!

Live Long and Prosper


_________________________________
For Sale: Star Trek The Next Generation,
1993 Williams #53323307832: $4,900

Excellent condition. Super clean, new rubbers, tasty LED upgrades. Everything works perfectly. No errors and all lights and flashers are nominal. Back glass is perfect. Great example of this game and you will not be disappointed. Includes black Pincab Protectors and Cliffy Neutral Zone Protector. Pickup preferred, 320 lb. game wrapped and ready to load and take coin. Feel free to email me and I will be happy to send you pictures (or just point you to this blog)
Call or text for more information. 




_________________________________________________


Standing on the mountain looking down on the city
The way I feel is a doggone pity.
Teardrops falling down a mountainside
Many times I've been here
Many times I've cried 
We used to be so happy 
When we were in love 
High on a mountain of love. 

Night after night I've been standing here alone
Weeping my heart out to cold gray dawn
Praying that you're lonely and you'll come here too
Hoping just by chance that I get a glimpse of you 
Trying hard to find you 
Somewhere I love 
High on a mountain of love. 

A mountain of love
A mountain of love
You should be ashamed
We used to be a mountain of love 
But you just changed your name 

Way down below there's a half a million people
Somewhere there's a church with a big tall steeple
Inside a church there's an altar filled with flowers
Wedding bells are ringing and they should have been ours 
That's why I'm so lonely 
My dreams gone above 
High on a mountain of love. 

(Musical interlude)

A mountain of love
A mountain of love
You should be ashamed
We used to be a mountain of love 
But you just changed your name 

Way down below there's a half a million people
Somewhere there's a church with a big tall steeple
Inside a church there's an altar filled with flowers
Wedding bells are ringing that should have been ours 
That's why I'm so lonely 
My dreams gone above 
High on a mountain of love. 
High on a mountain of love.
High on a mountain of love.
High on a mountain of love (fade)







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home